Butler Tech Summer School is a great opportunity for students to spend more time during the regular school year focusing on their academic and career-technical courses. Students who are conditionally accepted to Butler Tech may need to attend summer school in order to be eligible to attend classes in the fall.
Summer school courses are open to students who currently attend a Butler Tech campus and students who have been accepted to one of our campuses for the upcoming school year. Courses are not open to students who only attend Butler Tech programs in our associate schools.
Classes run June 12 – July 14 (no classes July 3 or 4).
- Health, Physical Education (½ credit & ¼ credit)*
- English 9 – 12, Speech
- Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Integrated Math 1 & 2
- US History, World History, Government, Economics
- Biology, Physical Science, Environmental Science, Anatomy & Physiology
- Spanish, French, German
* Students who need Health or Physical Education are strongly encouraged to take these courses during summer school as they may not be offered during the regular school year.
Online courses use the Edgenuity learning system. Students can complete courses at their own pace and test out of material they have already mastered.
Students may use their own computer to complete the courses at home if they have Internet access. Students who do not have a computer or Internet access may complete the courses in the Summer School computer lab at the Butler Tech D. Russel Lee campus. All courses must be completed by Friday, July 14.
Students can retake the end-of-course assessments during the state testing window of July 17 - 21. It is strongly suggested that students complete the corresponding Edgenuity course before retaking the assessment. Students must sign up to take the end-of-course assessments no later than Monday, July 10.
A teacher is always available Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. to help students at the summer school location.