Now Enrolling for our August 10 program!
As of July 6, 2020 our campuses will return to regular office hours Monday-Friday to serve you!
For the safety of all, you will be required to wear a mask upon entering our campus buildings. We ask that you adhere to the 6 foot social distancing recommendations and avoid visiting if you don’t feel well. Thank you for your cooperation as we navigate these new guidelines!
to show interest in the program and sign up for a FREE information session where you will learn more about these Practical Nursing Enrollment Steps and receive a tour of the campus. We look forward to meeting you soon and helping you reach your career goals!
- You must have your STNA license to enroll. Butler Tech offers a class every month. Butler Tech STNA
- Use the WorkKeys Practice Tests
- Schedule your WorkKeys Assessment
- Provide your Practical Nursing Immunization Form
- Provide your high school or GED diploma and/or transcripts.
- Schedule your background check at our LeSourdsville campus. Cost is $50.
- Fill out a FAFSA form using your 2018 tax information. Our school code is 015492.
- Email our Financial Aid Coordinator Denny Ewen firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your financial paperwork.
- If you need financial help to pay for training you may qualify for OhioMeansJobs’ WIOA grant funds. If you live in Butler County you can email Sonya Bridge Sonya.Bridge@jfs.ohio.gov to receive further information.
- Secure Your Seat: Once you pass your WorkKeys Assessments, you will be given a green enrollment form. This completed form with a $200 deposit toward your tuition, secures your seat.
Our practical nursing program combines classroom learning and hands-on clinical experience to prepare you for rewarding and challenging opportunities in nursing. Employment opportunities exist with extended care facilities, home health agencies, physicians’ offices, schools, outpatient clinics, and hospice providers. Graduates who pass the (NCLEX – PN through Ohio Board of Nursing) will be credentialed as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
This full-time program can be completed in less than a year and is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
Full Time | 1400 Hours | Monday-Friday | 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Upcoming Programs: August 10, 2020 (orientation August 6) – June 25, 2021
January 21, 2021 (orientation January 20) – January 7, 2022 (includes July break)
Tuition $12,000 | Books/Supplies $3,187
- State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA)
- Medical Terminology and Medical Math are optional and not required as prerequisites for Practical Nursing.
- Nursing skills
- Adult and child health
- Mother and baby care
- Mental health concepts
- Gerontological nursing
Industry Recognized Credentials
Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX) through the Ohio Board of Nursing to become credentialed as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Expected Salary Range
2018 Median Pay (Bureau of Labor Statistics): $46,240 per year | $22.23 per hour