The Adjunct CDL Instructor is responsible for the delivery of quality education that adheres to the standards of the established curriculum. S/He will employ effective teaching practices for adult students in lab and/or classroom settings to support certificate programs operated by Butler Tech’s Adult Education Division.
• Minimum of three (3) years of licensed, verifiable experience in the last ten (10) years operating a Class A commercial motor vehicle over the road;
• Current US Department of Transportation medical certification;
• Possession of or willingness and ability to obtain a valid CDL instructor license for the State of Ohio (Training is available at a cost to the instructor candidate, for those who do not possess this credential);
• Possession of or willingness to secure an Ohio Department of Education Adult Education permit in the area of Industrial & Engineering Technologies (170000);
• Willingness to undergo controlled substance and alcohol testing as required under Part 392 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations;
• High school diploma or equivalency;
• Student-oriented teaching style with ability to adjust approach to suit individual adult learner needs;
• Willingness and demonstrated ability to work with students, teachers, and administrators as a team member;
• Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office programs;
• Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills;
• History of strong work record, including good job attendance; and
• Documented evidence of acceptable criminal record as required by Ohio law and Board policy.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates whose employment interests align with the position will be contacted.