The Adjunct HVAC-R Instructor is responsible for the delivery of quality education that adheres to the standards of the established curriculum. S/He will employ effective teaching practices for adult students in lab and/or classroom settings to support certificate programs operated by Butler Tech’s Adult Education Division.
• Minimum of five (5) years of verifiable HVAC-R industry experience;
• Experience in both residential and commercial/industrial settings preferred;
• Extensive knowledge and experience with schematics reading, electrical theory, wiring and controls, refrigerant handling, systems diagnostics, complete systems repair, troubleshooting, installation in residential and commercial settings, and HVAC-R regulatory arena;
• Current and valid EPA 608, R410a, and ICE certifications AND knowledge of certification process
• Current and valid OSHA General Industry or OSHA Construction certification preferred;
• Student-oriented teaching style with ability to adjust approach to suit individual adult learner needs;
• Willingness and demonstrated ability to work with students, teachers, and administrators as a team member;
• Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office programs;
• Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills;
• History of strong work record, including good job attendance; and
• Documented evidence of acceptable criminal record as required by Ohio law and Board policy.
How to Apply
Beam at email@example.com.
Only qualified candidates whose employment interests align with the position will be contacted.