Hamilton Casework Solutions, a division of Workstream, Inc., is a leading manufacturer of application specific healthcare, office, and mailroom casework and furniture. We are currently seeking an experienced Aluminum Saw & Drill Operator for our Fairfield, Ohio location.
This position offers an excellent compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Disability, 401K, and Life Insurance.
The Aluminum Saw & Drill Operator sets up and operates the chop saw to cut aluminum stock to specified dimensions producing quality product. This operator also sets up and operates automated drill machine and manual drill presses to bore parts to specified dimensions producing quality product.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads drawings and cut lists to determine what parts are to be cut and drilled
- Cut, drill, and assemble aluminum product.
- Cut wood panels on panel saw and table saw.
- Use various air tools and hand tools.
- Learn and work on different areas of production.
- Identifies raw materials needed and transports them to the saw with material handling aids.
- Takes inventory of materials and reports it to materials department.
- Cuts aluminum to specified dimensions and stacks appropriately for next process.
- Calls designated resource, maintenance, or plant manager to trouble shoot machine malfunctions.
- Keeps work area clean and free of clutter.
- Retrieves aluminum off-all and places in company approved containers
- Works to a production schedule.
- Produces required work in the time planned.
- Inspects each product produced to ensure it meets HCS’s quality standard. When necessary, makes needed adjustments or notifies supervisor about sub-standard quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Does all of the above in a manner that meets company safety requirements including, but not limited to, wearing safety glasses and hearing protection and only operating machines while guarding is in place.
High school diploma or equivalent.
2 years of manufacturing experience.
Good verbal communication skills.
Work involves walking, talking, hearing, lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying up to 50 pounds occasionally in addition to using material handling equipment. May be required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities require close vision assessments. Moderately loud noise levels in plant environment.