If you want a rewarding job where you make a difference in people with disabilities, this is the place for you! Small ICF (10 individuals) looking for energetic, dependable, caring people to assist in the care of our individuals. Helping them with daily activities as well as assisting on outings and community integration. No experience necessary will train the right people! Must be able to pass a drug test and background check and must have a valid drivers license and high school diploma or equivalent. Willingness to cross train in the Kitchen for occasional food prep.
Job Types: Part-time $11.00 an hour. 8 hour and 12 hour shift options.
SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR, SON, QIDP, NURSING STAFF
Responsible to serve as a support person to all individuals receiving services by SHC, Inc. This support is given in a variety of areas; daily living skills, leisure activities, personal hygiene skills, vocational skills, individual rights and responsibility training, social skills, human relations, transportation, etc. Also responsible for accurate record keeping
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Train, guide or assist the individuals with personal needs
2. Assist the individuals in achieving maximum potential toward self-determination. Advocate on behalf of the individuals
3. Maintain the highest standard of conduct and courtesy in dealing with all individuals, team members, service providers, guardians and families. Promote a positive interaction
4. Flexibility to work any shift (day, night, evening, weekends, holidays)
5. Coordinate or provide instruction in vocational skills
6. Maintain and ensure a clean and safe environment
1. Provide training and guidance to the individuals. Assist the individuals you support with integration into the community by accompanying them to various recreational and social activities. Assist them with the learning experience needed to reach their goals.
2. Report to your direct supervisor and document all incidents or accidents. Report all changes in status (medical, household, problems, policy issues, etc) to the appropriate supervisor.
3. Responsible for following emergency protocols as outlined in policy
4. Assist in dressing, grooming and daily hygiene. Prepare meals and assist with eating if necessary. Assist with housekeeping and transportation when needed.
5. Utilize approved behavior intervention techniques in appropriate situations.
6. Work cooperatively with staff, service providers, guardians, families and the individuals you serve. Maintain total confidentiality. Report accurate information about the individuals to on-coming shift employees.
7. Attend all in-services scheduled by your supervisor. Attend all classes to maintain current training requirements. Maintain current valid driver’s license
8. Report and document and injury that you sustain while on the job to your supervisor, and or Human Resource Director immediately.
9. All other duties as assigned.
Every team member at SHC, Inc. represents the organization’s values internally and to the public. As such, all team members’ actions and decisions are expected to be consistent with the organization’s core values at all times. SHC’s CORE VALUES ARE: C.A.R.E.
1. Client Centered Care: We are committed to making all decisions and performing all actions with the well-being of our clients as our primary focus, and to always putting our individuals’ interests ahead of our own.
2. Accountability: We take personal responsibility, as an organization and as individuals, for our actions, hold each other accountable and expect to be held accountable at any point throughout the year for our decisions and actions.
3. Respect: While keeping the focus on the needs of our clients, we also commit to demonstration mutual respect in communication and actions so that a positive environment for everyone is maintained.
4. Excellence: We are committed to using established best practices, to evaluating effectiveness of our efforts, and to demonstrating a willingness to change current practices at any point based on evidence that change is needed.
• High School Diploma or equivalency; minimum age 18
• No experience necessary
• Working cell phone
• Valid driver’s license
• Criminal background free of encumbrances identified by Ohio Department of Health
• First Aid/CPR Training (Can be provided upon hire)
• Required Pre-Employment, random, post-accident and reasonable cause drug screenings
• Willing to work schedules based on individuals needs
• Expected to learn and follow the Individual Plan (IP) of clients
1. Ability to lift, push, pull 50-70 pounds with and/or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit, stoop, or stand for prolonged periods of time
3. Must be mentally and physically capable to perform the duties of the position
4. Ability to be patient
5. Ability to problem solve
How to Apply
Application pick up - 624 Fairview Dr. Carlisle OH 45005