The duties of the Direct Support Professional (DSP) include but are not limited to:
1. Provision of direct service delivery of the Individual Service Plan (ISP) goals to the individuals being served.
2. To participate in the documentation of the service delivery of the ISP goals,
3. To participate in the planning, implementation, and documentation of the daily activities of all the Individuals living in the home,
4. To take the Individuals being served to various community activities, events and meetings as scheduled and directed by your supervisor,
5. To participate in financial record keeping of the Individuals' accounts and the home grocery account.
6. To provide supervision of Individuals at all times while on duty,
7. To supervise and record the administration of medications to the Individuals under the direction of their supervision,
8. To supervise and help the Individuals with their housekeeping tasks as outlined in their ISP,
9. To supervise and help the Individuals with their daily personal hygiene program,
10. To supervise and help Individuals with their daily wardrobe selection, purchase of clothing and maintenance of clothing,
11. To drive Individuals to activities and events,
12. To supervise and help Individuals with their social skills,
13. To keep other program staff informed of Individual's maladaptive behaviors via the daily log and/or daily report,
14. To help care for the Individuals if they become ill, to clean up after the individuals who are ill, and to help make necessary arrangements for the professional treatment of these people.
15. To cook or arrange for each meal for the Individuals, including the packing of lunches for the workshop,
16. To provide other services and duties for the Individuals that might be assigned by their supervisor or higher level authority.
The pre-requisites for consideration as a Direct Support Professional are:
1. At least a high school graduate or equivalent,
2. Social Security Card
3. A current valid driver's license,
4. A current valid Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to attend the Red Cross Training program within 60 days of employment.
5. Provide at least three personal references from non-related persons
6. Provide at least three references from former employers
The Direct Support Professional work hours will consist of at least a four (4) hour shift. The start of the shift will vary, depending on the needs of the Individuals being served. The hours may include sleep-over time. In the event of sleep-over, the RHS's paid hours will be in accordance with "SLEEP TIME SCHEDULED POLICY".
How to Apply
Call: Rona Ryan at 513-844-6681 to set up an interview.
Stop By: ECI Inc
4756 Smith Rd
West Chester, Ohio 45069
and complete an application