Applicants must apply on the Miami University application system to be considered for the position. Please follow the link to Job ID: 6668
Classified AFSCME (hourly) - Full-Time - Benefit Eligible
Performs a variety of tasks related to assisting in the preparation and serving of meals for University students and guests.
- Prepares kitchen and dining area which may include stocking/setting up the grill, salad bar, condiment bar beverage stations, dessert stations, changing oil, brews beverages.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area, especially in kitchen and dining areas which may include sweeping, scrubbing, cleaning tables, countertops, and machines or washing dishes and utensils. Ensures the safety of food and food contact surfaces while maintaining sanitation standards. Observes strict safety rules.
- Prepares food for cooking which may include cleaning and peeling potatoes, cutting salad bar items, wrapping food, or preparing sandwiches.
- May stock serving line and/or serve food; monitors condition of items in both un-refrigerated and refrigerated settings such as salad bars; may operate the cash register.
- Reads and interprets recipes to mix, prepare and assemble salads, desserts, dressings & special menu items; cooks pasta, potatoes, eggs, stir-fry food, makes sandwiches. May include the use of deep fat fryers, grills, steamers and/or ovens and other kitchen equipment; records temperature, monitors and records amounts prepared/amounts left over.
- Maintains all food items at proper temperatures as instructed.
- Responds to client requests for service, special diets, as well as other information in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Assists in providing guidance to other employees in the performance of their duties; coordinates efficient workflow and instructs in the proper use of equipment and utensils.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking, standing, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling, with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Somewhat disagreeable working conditions due to exposure to high temperatures. Some element of personal risk due to very hot surfaces. A few occasions of outdoor event service.
Requires a high school diploma or GED. No experience required.
How to Apply