Summary: Under the supervision of the Facility & Event Manager, this position performs a variety of general purpose duties as required to facilitate the rental, food and beverage service operations, and associated operational needs at the Voice of America Park.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
• Food and bar service duties may include handling, preparation of, and selling food, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and other items, AV setup, stocking shelves and cleaning kitchen, concession areas, stock rooms, patio, gazebo, and Lodge areas including associated restrooms.
• Follows State, local and MetroParks health regulations and policies relative to the safe handling, preparation and sale of food, kitchen utensils, and disposal of garbage in appropriate containers. Complies with State regulations pursuant to the purchase and sale of beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages.
• Sets up, moves, and takes down tables, chairs, and other equipment. Direct all general heating and maintenance requests to the Facility & Event Manager. Completes appropriate forms with an explanation of work requested.
• Operates and maintains the POS cash register/credit card systems. Completes Beverage Package Invoice/Deposit paperwork accurately and in a timely manner in order to make required bank deposits. Assists with inventory as assigned. Alerts Facility & Events Manager to any cash handling or product inventory discrepancies pursuant to established accounting procedures.
• Operates non-licensed motor vehicles or APVs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work independently, including opening and closing of buildings
• Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues and nonpublic records
• Knowledge of basic food preparation techniques
• Knowledge of sanitation practices
• Ability to understand and follow directions
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum of 21 years of age at time of employment
• Ability to operate a cash register, to track and accurately handle payments, make change, and process credit card payments
• Certification in CPR from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association within six months of hire date
• ServSafe Food Handler certification within six months of hire date.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Knowledge of audio-visual equipment setup including, but not limited to projectors, DVD players, VCRs, notebook computers, microphones and PowerPoint software
• Previous retail experience
Work Environment & Schedule:
This job performs in a service/operational environment, and includes use of kitchen and custodial equipment. This is an intermittent part time hourly position as work will include extended hours and/or a varied work schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking, standing, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling, with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Working conditions can include exposure to high and low temperatures while providing service for outdoor events.
The position functions and responsibilities are illustrative only and do not represent all the duties or tasks to be assigned or performed by an employee with this position title.
Alternates to the above qualifications may be acceptable as approved by the Executive Director.