You do not have to have all the listed skills
We are seeking a 1st shift Maintenance Technician to join our team at our Fairfield, Ohio and Mason Ohio Fulfillment Center. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all facility and distribution center equipment. Needs to be flexible for travel between the facilities and flexible with work schedule.
Responsibilities/Basic Skills Needed:
- Provide maintenance support and assistance to the production staff
- Awareness of production associates needs in a distribution center environment
- Performs reactive repairs and preventative maintenance to maintain equipment uptime
- Troubleshoots equipment to determine the root cause of problems
- Experience with 3 phase and low voltage power
- Experience with photo eyes, prox. switches, bar code readers etc.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals
- Knowledge of electrical panels, control cabinets and controls troubleshooting
- Ability to use a power tools such as, hand drill, saw, hand tools. etc.
- Experience with multi meters
- Understand and apply safe work practices
- Ability to take direction and follow through with results
- Cooperative attitude and a team player.
- Flexible regarding work hours or tasks required, available to work overtime
- Air Compressor experience helpful
- PLC experience a plus.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 3-5 years of manufacturing maintenance experience
- Previous experience with and working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, including conveyor and related systems in a fast paced production environment
- An understanding of PLCs and sortation controls
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks independently or in a team environment
- Ability to be on call, work days or nights, weekends and overtime if required
- Possess a strong sense of urgency in response to equipment failures
- Ability to read PLC ladder logic
- An understanding of Human Machine Interface systems (HMI)
GPA of 3.0 or higher
able to work 1st shift