Title: Medical Assistant II
Shift: Full-Time, Days
This position will be scheduled approximately 40 hours per week at our Wetherington office, located at 7589 Tylers Place Boulevard, West Chester, Ohio 45069.
Job Overview: Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of physician.
The Medical Assistant II may perform the following duties:
- Maintains patient flow during clinic hours. Documents review of systems; measures vital signs such as pulse rate, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height (see Appendix A for specifics); updates past and current medical, social and family history; reviews medications and updates medication list at each visit. Correctly records patient information in the electronic medical record (EMR). May assist in training of new employees.
- Prepares patient charts in EMR for visits by scanning, abstracting, and reviewing to make certain that all diagnostic test results, hospital reports and other medical records necessary to help the physician care for the patient are in the patient’s chart. Accesses and navigates websites or calls outside facilities to obtain necessary information. May act as Super User for Electronic Medical Record.
- Refills medications and pre-authorizes medications including communicating with the patient, pharmacy, or insurance company as needed to complete the task. Maintains recording of patient samples and other medications and disposes expired medications. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients; maintains clean, fully supplied exam rooms. Orders medical supplies as needed. Completes patient assistance paperwork/requests as needed.
- Obtains pertinent medical information from patients to facilitate medical decision making per specific office protocol procedures. Returns calls as needed. Responds to MyChart as needed. Works in-baskets, daily work flow logs, and work queues in EMR/Practice Management system. May coordinate/oversee work queues in office. Answers incoming calls, schedules appointments, checks-in and out patients, and completes pre-certifications for prescriptions, procedures, and surgeries as needed.
- Operates EKG, cardiac monitors, and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests as needed and other clinical duties such as phlebotomy and cast removal as assigned.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations. Maintains patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential. Understands and adheres to the legal responsibilities and requirements with the medical assistant role. Demonstrates comprehension and support of quality measures and patient experience.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate Degree and/or Certified/Registered MA preferred. Graduate of a Medical Assistant program or previous Medical Assisting experience required.
Experience: 2-5 years MA or other relevant experience preferred, practice in different care settings (eg. Primary Care, Specialty, EMT, etc.).
Licenses & Certifications: Certified/Registered MA preferred. Must successfully complete skills orientation. BLS certification required.
Required Skills & Knowledge: Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, EMR and scheduling systems) required. Strong verbal and social skills to facilitate working respectfully with patients, physicians, visitors, co-workers, and drug reps in person or by telephone required. Ability and willingness to travel to other physician offices as requested or needed. Complementary clinical skills such as phlebotomy, performing EKGs, stiches removal, splinting, etc. are highly preferred.
There are many ways to define excellence. For us at The Christ Hospital, it’s all about our patients...And making healthcare what they want it to be. Accessible. Personal. Affordable.
Our commitment to exceptional outcomes, affordable care and the finest patient experiences is recognized yearly with numerous awards from leading healthcare organizations and publications. At the top of our list of honors are the 17 consecutive years that we’ve been named to U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Hospitals and being named the Most Preferred Hospital by the Greater Cincinnati community for 21 consecutive years (National Research Corporation).
What does this mean for you?
GROWTH- opportunities to learn, develop, and impact.
VALUE - a robust employee package that provides you the ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive compensation, flexible and meaningful benefits, development opportunities so you can be your best self, and a culture of compassion.
PRIDE- from all that we have accomplished in our past, and all that we’re positioned for in the future.
CHALLENGE- we are in one of the most competitive markets in the nation, yet continue to rise to the top through our incredible employees and transformational results. We seek individuals motivated by what it takes to be a part of a winning team.
Named #24 on Forbes 500 America’s Best Employers for 2017, we are transforming care…inspired by you.