The Product Development Engineer designs original product and modifies current product to customer specifications with the use of Autodesk Inventor, Parametric Programming, or AutoCAD for daily production.
Product consists of custom cabinetry manufactured with:
Particle Board with Melamine or Plastic Laminate finish. Dowel or Pin and Cam construction methods.
Sheet metal and light structural components.
A wide variety of hardware.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to read order verification reports to determine customer required specifications for standard products.
- Responsible for complete, accurate, and timely cad models, drawings, and bill of materials for manufacturing for standard product and flexed model specials.
- Meet with production on any order information for new specials and retrieve any required engineering drawings for standard product as needed.
- To stretch and modify existing casework designs to match customer specials including width/depth/height variations utilizing assembly drawings to ensure accuracy.
- Identify BOM requirements for Job Orders including board / laminate materials, handles, slides, hinges, locks as well as any necessary hardware.
- Apply accurate company machine standard routing times to the BOMs based on the required steps in the manufacturing process to complete the casework.
- Can work with product development engineers to incorporate previously designed special hardware into existing casework designs.
- Communicate with materials groups to source common hardware and materials.
- Interact with the product design group on customer order requirements.
- Communicate with CNC programmer of all design requirements.
- Understand CNC machining within our industry. Capabilities and limitations.
- Able to write or alter CNC programs is required.
- Ensure product adheres to applicable industry and company standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Minimum of 4-year college degree in engineering field or 4+ years of equivalent work experience.
Experience 2+ years using Autodesk Inventor or equivalent 3D modeling software
Ability to work with models consisting of unique parts and sub-assemblies.
Able to generate CNC programs a must- woodworking industry a plus
Prior ERP experience required, preferably using SyteLine?
Intermediate knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software.
Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
Excellent communication and time management skills.