Job ID: 6688 - Classified AFSCME (hourly) - PT Intermittent
Performs a variety of tasks related to preparing and assisting in the preparation of meals for University students and guests
- Performs kitchen prep including turning on equipment and assembling correct utensils; monitors oven and refrigerator temperatures.
- Maintains clean and sanitary work and dining areas which may include sweeping and scrubbing, cleaning tables, countertops, and machines or washing dishes and utensils.
- May prepare recipes; measures and mixes ingredients; operates ovens; may slice meat.
- May prepare reports of food production and consumption.
- Serves as an informational resource to student employees and other staff.
- Works in FSS (Food Service Suite) modules for recipes, menus, orders, inventory and possibly
- Performs ordering of product and supplies to maintain daily operations in addition to production needs. Performs inventory calculations and data entry to maintain a perpetual inventory/stock.
- Creates prep lists and production schedules
- May assist with assigning duties and specific tasks to FSA & student employees and assures that such tasks are completed in a timely manner. Assists in evaluating the performance of FSAs.
- Maintains clear and consistent communication regarding production needs, event service and operations with co-workers and supervisors
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking, standing, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling, with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Somewhat disagreeable working conditions due to exposure to high temperatures. Some element of personal risk due to very hot surfaces.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 - 50 pounds.
Requires a high school diploma or GED and one year of related experience
or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Must be 21 years or older to serve alcohol
Knowledge of alcoholic beverages and beverage service techniques
Knowledge of liquor laws in the State of Ohio
Background in cashiering and clerical responsibility
Must have proven customer service skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
Previous experience in a bar or restaurant setting
How to Apply