The Supply Chain Coordinator will support Purchasing and Manufacturing departments in meeting corporate objectives for on-time shipping goals by providing distribution of materials/parts to the various manufacturing areas while participating in cost savings initiatives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the availability to manufacturing areas parts and raw material to ensure production delays do not occur, through organized stocking and proper inventory relief of purchased and manufactured parts.
- Resolve quality issues involving materials and shop paper work by issuing corrective action reports and completing necessary follow-up.
- Coordinate material management requirements with purchasing, manufacturing and engineering.
- Work with Inventory & Materials Manager to help assist with phase in and phase out inventory for new or obsolete parts.
- Assist with purchase order acknowledgements and purchase order creation on a daily basis.
- Work hand-in-hand with purchasing on material sourcing and bidding projects.
- Monitor and/or perform transactions associated with materials and parts ensure accurate data between ERP and the shop floor.
- Develop into a key user in our ERP system
- Optimize min/max levels and re-order quantities.
- Assist in continuous improvement projects in manufacturing
- Will communicate and work as a team with the rest of purchasing personnel when dealing with any and all price increases and/or delivery delays.
- Utilizes LEAN methodology and practices to help reduce waste and costs through process improvements
Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced, ever-changing manufacturing environment.
1 3 years of manufacturing experience in inventory, planning/scheduling, purchasing, supply chain management or similar team role with knowledge in MRP or ERP, demand flow manufacturing, lean manufacturing, vendor management and vendor replenishment programs.
Solid verbal and written communication.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Working knowledge of ERP systems a plus