The Supply Chain Manager will oversee logistics, supply & inventory planning activities of the region; maintain and control inventory levels consistent with customer needs and company policy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and lead the execution of all inventory and supply planning activities.
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate team of Material Handlers, Buyers, Shipping & Receiving Specialists, and Inventory Coordinators.
- Hold team accountable for effectively utilizing the business systems and processes.
- Monitor, drive, and communicate key departmental and individual metrics, and performance objectives. Key metrics include on-time delivery rate to our customers, inventory turns, excess inventory, working capital ROI, profitability, system error rates, PO accuracy, etc.
- Develop, implement and maintain proper order flow quantities to support sales, inventory, and profitability and DC space. This includes the continuous evaluation, review and optimization of inventory turns, service levels and inventory levels.
- Drive alignment internally with other functional groups to ensure we are building best practices.
- Coordinates and supervises purchasing plans, activities, and desired vendor shares.
- Review and optimize stocking strategies.
- Monitor and escalate supplier performance issues.
- Oversee variance processing from vendors and ensure adequate procedures are in place to minimize variances. Ensure necessary corrective action is taken as well as maintain adequate records are kept on variance processing.
- Build and maintain good supplier and customer relationships.
- Oversees shipping and receiving of raw and completed goods.
- Lead Materials Coordinators in analyzing cycle and physical inventory counts, audit and reconcile adjustments into system and receive and verify inventory.
- Research and maintain current information regarding market conditions, delivery options and other factors impacting supply chain performance. Develop and/or implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering preferred.
5 years supply chain management experience.
Knowledge of lean inventory practices/controls including Kanban
Strong ability to lead a team of supply chain team members.
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of shipping, inventory management and purchasing concepts.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Proficient in Microsoft applications and experienced in ERP systems.
Must be process oriented and able to plan, organize and monitor work with minimal supervision.
Work involves sitting, walking, talking, hearing, and using a variety of office equipment.
Vision abilities require close vision assessments.
Required to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 25 lbs occasionally.
Required to stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch occasionally.