The need for qualified individuals who know commercial and residential heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems continues to grow. This full-time program provides a combination of lecture and hands-on training. This allows you to get practical experience while you learn. The curriculum includes training specific to the electrical, mechanical and chemical systems that are an integral part of HVAC/R products. Training also comprises complete systems repair, installation, schematic reading, electrical theory, refrigerant handling, systems diagnostics and wiring and controls.
Butler Tech is the only career and technical education school in the region to include refrigeration training for both homes and businesses. You will receive training needed to perform technical service on both residential and commercial refrigeration units, ice machines and reach-in and walk-in coolers, which are used by many different types of industries.
- Complete this Manufacturing & Industrial Technology Interest Form or call us at 513-645-8200 to register to attend a mandatory Information Session.
- We recommend you apply at least three weeks before the start of the program in order to complete prerequisite requirements.
- HVAC/R Enrollment Checklist–This checklist will be reviewed at the Information Session and help you stay on track for enrollment.
- Prepare for the WorkKeys Assessment
- Determine your Financial Aid options
Full Time | 648 Hours | Day 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (8 months)| Evening 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (11 months)
Upcoming classes: Sep. 3, 2019 – Apr. 2, 2020 (day) | Apr. 6, 2020 – Feb. 23, 2021 (evening)
Tuition $6,830 | Books/Supplies $3,616
Financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
Industry Recognized Credentials
Students will train and test for:
- EPA 608
- OSHA 30
- Industry Competency Exam (ICE)
- Schematic Reading
- Electrical Theory
- Wiring and controls
- Refrigerant handling
- Systems diagnostics
- Complete systems repair
Where Can I Work?
HVAC/R technicians work in a variety of settings including homes, schools, hospitals, office buildings, and factories.
2018 median pay Bureau of Labor Statistics $47,610 annually | $22.89 per hour