Become Certified in a Career Field that Pays well and is in High Demand
Your Future Starts Here!
With more than forty career-focused programs, offered on two conveniently located campuses, Butler Tech Adult Education programs offer students who have a high school diploma or GED the opportunity to become certified in a career field that pays well and is in high demand.
Choose from courses that interest you and career programs that range from 2 weeks to 11 months in length. Daytime and evening classes are available for most programs plus, you can earn college credit if you decide you want to continue your education when you are finished.
Our training programs are designed to prepare you for employment and to begin a successful career, advance in your current career, and industry certification. All of our programs offer credentials and certifications that are state and/or nationally recognized. After graduation, our partnerships with area businesses allow us to help you to find the employment you’re looking for when you graduate.
BT Adult Program Information
Butler Tech Adult Education is approved and operated in cooperation with the Ohio Department of Higher Education. It is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education; 7840 Roswell Road, Building 300, Suite 325; Atlanta GA 30350.
- The Practical Nursing program is approved by the Ohio State Board of Nursing.
- The Basic Police Academy is approved by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy.
- The Paramedic program and Fire Rescue Academy are approved by the Ohio Department of Public Safety, Division of EMS.
- The Paramedic program is additionally accredited by CoAEMSP; 8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312, Rowlett, TX 75088.
- All full time adult programs are approved by the State Approving Agency for Veterans Training.
All Ohio Adult Education programs are part of the University System of Ohio and are governed by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. As a member of the University System of Ohio’s Adult Workforce Education and Training Network, Butler Tech is pleased to offer even more access to area colleges, universities and technical schools for our adult students.
Additional information about the University System of Ohio is available at ohiohighered.org.
Students must apply and be accepted to a program. All program requirements and prerequisites must be satisfied prior to starting classes.
Class dates and location are subject to change. Students enrolled in a class that is postponed, moved, or canceled will be notified as soon as possible.
The pricing provided on this website represents the total program cost including, tuition, books and supplies. Pricing is subject to change. Financial aid and other funding options are available for many of our adult career training programs.
Official Withdrawal Policy
Students who wish to withdraw from a fulltime program must complete the appropriate paperwork with the program coordinator or supervisor and the Student Services office.
Full Time Program Refund Policy
- After the first 50% of the enrollment period: No Refund
- On or before 50% of the enrollment period: 25%
- On or before 25% of the enrollment period: 50%
- On or before 10% of the enrollment period: 90%
- On or before the first day of class: 100% (excludes $200 deposit)
The student’s last recorded date of attendance is the basis for all calculations. The registration deposit specific to each program is non-refundable.
ACT WorkKeys® is a job skills assessment system measuring “real-world” skills that employers believe are essential to job performance and success. By completing the assessments, you can earn the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate.
The assessment is comprised of three parts:
- Applied Mathematics
- Reading for Information
- Locating Information
Test Preparation Help
Free ACT WorkKeys® practice tests can be found on the OhioMeansJobs website.
The Aspire program offers free in person tutoring for the ACT WorkKeys® assessments. They have a variety of locations and times to accommodate your schedule. They can be contacted at 513.894.0301. Aspire Information
Ready to Schedule
When you are ready, you can schedule your WorkKeys® Assessment in three ways:
- Online (click for upcoming assessment times)
- Call Butler Tech Adult Education at 513-645-8200 option 2
- In-person at the Butler Tech Adult Education LeSourdsville Campus
The cost of all three tests are $78. This is due at the time of scheduling. If you don’t pass the first time, you can retake the needed sections one more time without having to pay. After that it’s $26 for each section you need to retake.
- Register for your assessment at least three business days in advance.
- There are three sections to the assessment. You can take all three in one day or choose to take them one at a time.
- Each section takes about 55 minutes to complete.
- You must bring a photo ID when you take the exam.
- You may use a standard calculator during the exam.
- Arrive 10 – 15 minutes early. If you are late, you will have to reschedule.
- No family members or children are permitted in the exam room.
- The test is good for 5 years.