The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act signed into law March 28, 2020, provides almost $14 billion that will go directly to higher education institutions to support the costs of shifting classes online, and for grants to students for food, housing, technology, and other purposes.
- Butler Tech acknowledges that the district signed and returned the Funding Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act on April 15, 2020. Butler Tech has used no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Butler Tech received $292,763 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants for students.
- As of 6/15/2020, the total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under section 18004(a) of the CARES Act is $146,809.42.
- Butler Tech determined that 230 students were eligible to received Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 18004(a) of the CARES Act.
- Of the 230 eligible students, 177 students received funds under Section 18004(a) of the CARES Act.
- Eligible students completed an online survey to verify need. Funds were distributed to the eligible students who confirmed their need.
- CARES Act announcement.