Become a medical assistant and be on the front line of patient care in one of the fastest growing occupations in the healthcare field. As a medical assistant, you will be a central member of the healthcare team.
The Butler Tech Medical Assisting program trains students in the classroom and through clinical experience. Our students find jobs working closely with doctors and nurses in physician offices, clinics, insurance companies and medical labs. Our course includes everything you need to know to begin your career, including anatomy and physiology, CPR and first aid, medical terminology, medical math, law and ethics, computer basics, medical office procedures, pharmacology and more.
During the program you’ll learn to:
- Correctly perform both administrative and clinical tasks in the medical office.
- Take medical histories, record vital signs, and explain treatment procedures to patients
- Assist physicians during medical exams.
- Perform basic lab tests, draw blood and give electrocardiograms (EKGs).
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of the legal and ethical aspects of healthcare confidentiality.
- Get Started
- Phone: 513-645-8200
- Email: AdultEducation@ButlerTech.org
- Industry-Recognized Credentials
Credentialed through American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Starting Salary Range
2016 Median Pay (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- $31,540 per year
- $15.17 per hour
- Program Times
Full Time | 900 hours
- Enrollment Requirements
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- WorkKeys Assessment
- Background check (required by healthcare providers for on-site clinical learning)
- Medical exam with immunizations (ask for details)
- Program Cost
- Tuition $9000
- Fees $2,275
- Total $11,275
Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify.