Do you have nurse aid training or experience and want to move to the next level? Do you want to take advantage of a growing opportunity in healthcare? With our aging population, the need for licensed practical nurses is growing. At Butler Tech, our full-time practical nursing program combines classroom and hands-on clinical experience to prepare you for rewarding and challenging opportunities in nursing.
This high-level program can be completed in less than a year. Our curriculum includes learning nursing skills, adult and child health, mother and baby care, mental health concepts, gerontological nursing and more. This well respected program is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
You must apply three to four months before the start of the program to ensure all prerequisites are met and required coursework is completed. You will be ready for the National Council for Licensure exam for licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) upon completion of the program.
LPNs are in high demand in many areas of healthcare including:
- Extended care facilities
- Home health agencies
- Physician’s offices
- Outpatient clinics
- Hospice providers and more
- Get Started
- Industry-Recognized CredentialsLicensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Starting Salary Range
2016 Median Pay (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- $44,090 per year
- $21.20 per hour
- Program Times
Full Time | 1400 Hours
- Enrollment Requirements
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Attend Nursing Information Session with the Program Director
- WorkKeys Assessment
- Background check (required by healthcare providers for on-site clinical learning and to obtain state license upon program completion)
- Medical exam with immunizations (ask for details)
- State Tested Nurse Aid (STNA)
- BLS/CPR for Healthcare Providers – American Heart Association
- Heartsaver First Aid
- Program Cost
- Tuition $12,000
- Fees $3,240
- Total $15,240
Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify.