Our practical nursing program combines classroom learning and hands-on clinical experience to prepare you for rewarding and challenging opportunities in nursing. Employment opportunities exist with extended care facilities, home health agencies, physicians’ offices, schools, outpatient clinics, and hospice providers. Graduates who pass the (NCLEX – PN through Ohio Board of Nursing) will be credentialed as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
This full-time program can be completed in less than a year and is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
Steps for Enrollment
We recommend that you begin your application for this program three to four months before the start date to ensure you meet all prerequisites and required coursework.
- Complete this Healthcare Program Interest Form or call 513-645-8200 to register to attend a mandatory healthcare information session
- Download this Practical Nursing Enrollment Checklist. This checklist will be reviewed during the information session and help you stay on track for enrollment
- Prepare for the WorkKeys Assessment
- Determine your Financial Aid options
- State Tested Nurse Aid (STNA)
- WorkKeys Assessment
- BLS/CPR for Healthcare Providers – American Heart Association
- Heartsaver First Aid
- Additional courses offered are: Medical Terminology and Medical Math. These courses are optional and are not required as prerequisites for Practical Nursing.
Full Time | 1400 Hours | 8 am – 3:30 pm
Upcoming classes: Aug. 9, 2019 – June 19, 2020 | Jan. 30 – December 11, 2020
Tuition $12,050 | Books/Supplies $3,057
- Nursing skills
- Adult and child health
- Mother and baby care
- Mental health concepts
- Gerontological nursing
Industry Recognized Credentials
Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX) through the Ohio Board of Nursing to become credentialed as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Expected Salary Range
2018 Median Pay (Bureau of Labor Statistics): $46,240 per year | $22.23 per hour