Do you have nurse aid training or experience and want to move to the next level? Do you want to take advantage of a growing opportunity in healthcare? With our aging population, the need for licensed practical nurses is growing. At Butler Tech, our full-time practical nursing program combines classroom and hands-on clinical experience to prepare you for rewarding and challenging opportunities in nursing.
This high-level program can be completed in less than a year. This well respected program is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
You must apply three to four months before the start of this program to ensure all prerequisites are met and required coursework is completed.
- Submit this
or call us at 513-645-8200 option 2 to register for a required Info Session
- Practical Nursing Enrollment Checklist–This checklist will be reviewed at the Info Session and help you stay on track for enrollment
- Prepare for the WorkKeys Assessment
- Determine your Financial Aid options
- State Tested Nurse Aid (STNA)
- WorkKeys Assessment
- BLS/CPR for Healthcare Providers – American Heart Association
- Heartsaver First Aid
- Additional courses offered are Medical Terminology and Medical Math. These courses are optional and are not required as prerequisites for Practical Nursing.
Full Time | 1400 Hours
- Tuition $12,050
- Books/Supplies $3,057
- Total $15,107
Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
Industry Recognized Credentials
Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared to take the National Council Licensure exam (NCLEX) through the Ohio Board of Nursing to become credentialed as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Nursing skills
- Adult and child health
- Mother and baby care
- Mental health concepts
- Gerontological nursing
Where Can I Work?
LPNs are in high demand in many areas of healthcare including:
- Extended care facilities
- Home health agencies
- Physician’s offices
- Outpatient clinics
- Hospice providers and more
2018 Median Pay (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- $46,240 per year
- $22.23 per hour