Would you like to be the first one to respond to actual emergency situations in your community? An Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is the first line of pre-hospital care.
Typically, an EMT is one of the first responders on the scene and will assess the nature and extent of the injuries or illness, provide the appropriate emergency care and determine transportation needs. EMTs manage airway and breathing problems, control bleeding, treat shock and more as they stabilize patients before transporting them to medical facilities.
This course is designed for the individual who wants to become an EMT or get his/her EMT Certification as a prerequisite to attending the Paramedic Academy.
- Must be 18 years old (or 17 and in senior year of high school)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Pass the WorkKeys assessments
- Clean background check
- Up to date vaccinations
- Submit this Public Safety Interest Form or call us at 513-645-8350 to register for a required Info Session
- Prepare for the WorkKeys Assessment
Part Time | 196 Hours
Upcoming classes: Oct 1, 2019 – Apr 28, 2020 | Tues & Thurs | 6-10pm
Dec 9, 2019 – Feb 25, 2020 | Mon-Fri | 8am-12pm
Mar 16 – Aug 19, 2020 | Mon & Wed | 6-10pm
Tuition $1,000 | Books/Supplies $572
Industry Recognized Credentials
Our students will be prepared to take the NREMT exam to receive their Ohio Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification
- EMS operations
- Medical emergencies and management
- Trauma emergencies
- Many other topics required by the State of Ohio Emergency Medical Technician curriculum
Where Can I Work?
- City fire departments
- Rescue squads
- Private ambulance companies
- Corporate entities
2018 Median Pay (Bureau of Labor Statistics) : $30,000 per year | $14.42 per hour