If you have the passion and interest to make a difference as a firefighter, Butler Tech’s Fire Rescue Academy will prepare you for this rewarding and challenging career. We offer both day and evening academics and can get you trained and ready to work in 4 to 6 months, depending on which option you choose. You’ll receive excellent instruction from experienced faculty and up to 40 hours of training in our propane-fueled fire tower at Butler Tech’s state-of-the-art Public Safety Education Complex.
The Fire Rescue Academy includes the following courses: Firefighter I, Firefighter II Transition, Advanced Firefighting, Anatomy & Physiology, and Emergency Medical Technician.
You can register for these courses individually or combined under the academy. As an individual course they do not meet the required minimum number of hours to qualify for State and Federal aid. By including the courses in an academy they are over the minimum 600 hours required for financial aid.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Possess high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Pass the WorkKeys Assessment
- Pass the Fire Rescue Academy Physical Fitness Standards
- Submit this
or call us at 513-645-8350 to register for a required Info Session
- Fire Rescue Academy Enrollment Checklist
- Prepare for the WorkKeys Assessment
- Determine your Financial Aid options
Full Time | 626 Hours
Day and evening classes are available
- Tuition $5,083
- Books/Supplies $2,245
- Total $7,328
Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
Industry Recognized Credentials
Students who successfully complete the program will receive certifications in:
- Ohio Firefighter Levels I & II
- EMT – Basic Certification
- Rope Rescue Technician
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Confined Space Rescue
- Emergency Vehicle Operation
2018 Median Pay (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- $49,620 per year
- $23.85 per hour
Step inside one of our training vehicles!