If you have the passion and interest to make a difference as a firefighter, Butler Tech’s Fire Rescue Academy will prepare you for this rewarding and challenging career. We offer both day and evening academics and can get you trained and ready to work in 4 to 6 months, depending on which option you choose. You’ll receive excellent instruction from experienced faculty and up to 40 hours of training in our propane-fueled fire tower at Butler Tech’s state-of-the-art Public Safety Education Complex.
The Fire Rescue Academy includes the following courses: Firefighter I, Firefighter II Transition, Advanced Firefighting, Anatomy & Physiology, and Emergency Medical Technician.
You can register for these courses individually or combined under the academy. As an individual course they do not meet the required minimum number of hours to qualify for State and Federal aid. By including the courses in an academy they are over the minimum 600 hours required for financial aid.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Possess high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Possess a valid drivers’ license
- Pass a background check and physical exam
- Pass the WorkKeys Assessments
- Pass the Fire Rescue Physical Fitness Standards requirement
CLICK HERE to get started and request more information about this program.
You will be given the opportunity to sign up for a free Information Session where you will:
- Learn about Financial Aid
- Meet staff/instructors for the program
- Learn what prerequisites are required
- Learn expectations as a student
- Tour our Liberty Campus Public Safety Education Complex
Attending an information session is required to enroll in this program. Please provide accurate contact information, so we can best follow-up with you and help you on your way to new career opportunities! We look forward to meeting you soon!
Steps for Enrollment
- Fire Rescue Academy Enrollment Checklist This checklist will be reviewed in more detail at the Information Session.
- Prepare for the WorkKeys Assessments by using the WorkKeys Practice Tests and Scheduling Your WorkKeys
- Determine your Financial Aid options
Full Time | 626 Hours
Tuition $5,083 | Books/Supplies $2,245
Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
Industry Recognized Credentials
Students who successfully complete the program will receive certifications in:
- Ohio Firefighter Levels I & II
- Rapid Intervention Team training (RIT)
- Pump and Hydraulic Operations
- EMT – Basic Certification
- Emergency Vehicle Operation
2018 Median Pay (Bureau of Labor Statistics) : $49,620 per year | $23.85 per hour
Step inside one of our training vehicles!