Butler Tech students are able to access financial assistance through many outside agencies:
- Ohio Department of Higher Education
The Ohio Department of Higher Education has a Nurse Education Assistance Loan Program (NEALP). The program is based on need, and the maximum loan is $3,000. The borrower may be eligible for debt cancellation of 20 percent per year for five years (100 percent) if the borrower is employed in the clinical practice of nursing in the State of Ohio. Students beginning the program on or after July 1 must apply by June 1 of the current year. Students beginning the program on or after January 1 must apply by November 1 of previous year. For more information, call 1-888-833-1133 or visit www.ohiohighered.org/nealp.
Important: There are deadlines for submitting this application. If you are interested in this loan, you must make sure that you send in the required paperwork to the Ohio Department of Higher Education by the appropriate deadline.
- Ohio Means Jobs (OMJ) and Easterseals Career Connection (YOP)Funding options may be available from these agencies for students who qualify. Easterseals provides services to students 16-24 years old and Ohio Means Jobs manages the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) program. Partial to total aid may be available to cover tuition, books and supplies. You can contact the Ohio Means Jobs agency in your county from the list below. For Butler County residents, there is a required WIOA orientation session every Wednesday at 2:30 pm at their location 4631 Dixie Highway, Fairfield, OH 45014. There is also an Easterseals representative available at the orientation.
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD)Funding may be available from this local agency for students with physical, mental or emotional disabilities that present a handicap to employment. Partial to total aid may be available to cover tuition, books and supplies. Contact your local or area OOD office. Information is available at www.ood.ohio.gov.
- Trade Adjustment Assistance AcTrade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) may be available for students who have lost jobs or had hours and wages reduced because of foreign trade. Contact your employer or a local Ohio Bureau of Employment Services office for more information.
- Ohio Means Jobs | Butler County 513-785-6500
- Ohio Means Jobs | Clinton County 937-382-7762
- Darke County Job & Family Services 937-548-4132
- Ohio Means Jobs | Greene County 937-562-6565
- Ohio Means Jobs | Cincinnati-Hamilton County 513-946-7200
- Ohio Means Jobs | Montgomery County 937-225-5627
- Preble County Job & Family Services 937-456-6224
- Ohio Means Jobs | Warren County 513-695-1130