Federal financial aid opportunities include:
- Pell GrantsPell Grants are provided based on need. They do not have to be repaid. The online application is available at FAFSA.ed.gov.
- Direct LoansSubsidized and unsubsidized loans are available for students who are eligible. Repayment usually begins six months after you leave school. More information is available at StudentLoans.gov.
Subsidized Loan: This loan is based on need. Repayment begins six months after you leave school. The maximum amount is $3,500 for both independent and dependent students.
Unsubsidized Loan: This loan is not based on need. Repayment begins six months after you leave school. The maximum amount for independent students is $9,500, less any subsidized amount. The maximum amount for dependent students is $5,500, less any subsidized amount.
- PLUS LoansPLUS Loans are only for parents of dependent students. They are not based on need. Repayment begins while the student is still in school. The maximum loan amount may not exceed the total cost of attendance, less any other aid that is received. More information is available at StudentLoans.gov.
Students can apply for federal grants and loans (including Pell Grants, Direct Loans, and PLUS Loans) for all full time programs at Butler Tech.
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Industrial Welding