Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions for our Butler Tech Adult Education students. If you have additional questions, please contact your instructor via email or submit a question through the “Contact Us” button on this site.
- Where can I find the 2020-2021 Adult Education Catalog and program information?
- Are the Adult Education Campuses open and what are the hours?
As of August 3, 2020, all of our Adult Education campuses are operating under regular office hours as listed below.
LeSourdsville Campus Hours:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Fridays: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Liberty Township Campus (Public Safety Complex) Hours:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- What safety and health protocols are in place due to COVID 19?
• All students and staff will be required to wear a cloth face covering that fully covers the mouth and nose. This includes homemade masks, bandanas, or other cloth face coverings. All face coverings must be school appropriate as outlined in the mask policy.
• All students and staff will conduct a self-wellness check including temperature prior to coming to school. Individuals with a temperature above 100 degrees must stay home.
• All students and staff who are ill must be fever free for 72 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications before returning to school.
• If a student or staff member becomes aware of a confirmed positive COVID-19 case in their home, they must follow the COVID-19 Response Plan protocol. Please contact your Adult Education campus for full details.
- How do I schedule my WorkKeys Assessment?
- Where do I find information about the CARES ACT regarding financial aid?
Notice about CARES Act:
Butler Tech acknowledges that the district signed and returned the Funding Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act on April 15, 2020.
Butler Tech received $292,763 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants for students. As of 6/15/2020, $146,809.42 was distributed to students.
Eligible students completed a survey to verify need. Funds were distributed to the eligible students who confirmed their need.
For more information, visit the CARES Act Funding for Adult Students page.
- What if I need access to the internet outside of my typical school day?
Butler Tech has Wi-Fi available for our students at the LeSourdsville Campus and Fairfield Township campus parking lots to support Butler Tech issued laptops and Chromebooks.
- All Butler Tech Campus laptops and Chromebooks can connect to this network. Users will be able to download and submit assignments, browse the web and install approved software, all from the comfort of their automobile.
- In order to serve as many of our students as possible, there is NO Guest Network available in these Wi-Fi Zones.
- A Guest Network is available in our teacher parking lot at the LeSourdsville campus if you are using your personal technology.
- I am having technical issues with my Butler Tech computer, what do I do?
- Go to www.butlertech.org
- Choose About Butler Tech > Butler Tech Help Desk
- This will take you to the BT Helpdesk Portal
- Log in using your Butler Tech Email address and Password
- Click on Contact Us and complete the required information
Make sure to:
- Choose the Building you normally work from
- Provide a Phone Number you can be reached at
- Under Department, choose Information Technology (IT)
6. A technician will follow up to assist you as soon as possible.
- How do I log on to a wireless network from my Butler Tech laptop?
- What if I am still having issues connecting to the internet?
- How do I find internet options available near my home?
EveryoneOn – Online tool you can use to locate Internet providers and other digital resources within your Zip Code.