The City of Blue Ash Facilities Maintenance Department is seeking applicants for a
Full-Time Laborer II position. This position reports to the Facilities Maintenance Superintendent. This position will perform a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as painting, carpentry, electrical, cement masonry, dry wall or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing or remodeling city owned and operated buildings, facilities and equipment.
This position will be required to be on call every 5th week or as necessary for emergencies.
This position will enjoy contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, Sandtrap Grill and Blue Ash Café.
Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- installations and general maintenance and repairs including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, dry wall;
- responds to emergency situations and evaluates and corrects defects;
- assists other trades as needed;
- adheres to all safety practices and procedures;
- cleans and maintains work areas and equipment;
- attends meetings/trainings;
- properly completes documentation;
- provides a high level of customer service;
- communicates with customers, coworkers and supervision via written, electronic and verbal methods;
- operates department vehicle;
- performs snow and ice control; and
- performs other duties as assigned.
• Familiarity with commercial-level electric systems;
• Familiarity with tools and equipment;
• Blueprint and schematic reading;
• General knowledge of carpentry, drywalling and finishing work;
• Ability and willingness to perform manual labor inside and outside;
• Ability to understand and follow directives without close supervision;
• Ability to lift heavy articles, stamina, dependability;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, coworkers, management;
• Ability to be on call every 5th week and as necessary for emergency call outs; and
• Neat appearance.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Preferably completion of a standard grade school course with some work experience in general labor activities.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
How to Apply
You may apply and view current openings by visiting our employment opportunities web page at: www.BlueAsh.com.
The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.