BASIC FUNCTION: To work with our current Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance staff to acquire the knowledge needed to maintain our plant and equipment maintenance. As an intern, this position will learn to analyze and troubleshoot machinery and building maintenance problems and to perform daily and scheduled electrical and mechanical maintenance to the machinery and plant facilities.
DIMENSIONS: Will work closely with the current Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance staff while also working closely with the Plant Manager, Shop Leads, and all employees to maintain the plant and carryout preventative maintenance.
SAFETY: Since this position requires 100% of time spent in the production areas of KBC, this position is safety sensitive. In order to ensure a safe work environment for our employees and our customers, all employees in safety sensitive positions at Kadant Black Clawson and Kadant Inc. will be subject to random drug testing.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Requires a variety of experience in commercial and industrial electricity and industrial machinery maintenance and repair. This would include the ability to install, operate, maintain, and repair electrically energized systems in all phases of electrical wiring, DC and AC motors, grounding techniques, and electrical distribution panels, as well as mechanical repair and maintenance experience with the ability to install, operate, maintain, and repair industrial metalworking machinery. Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic drawings and manuals. Must be able to read and write simple correspondence. Must have the ability to analyze and troubleshoot machinery and electrical problems. Must have a safe work history and at all times perform duties in a safe manner. Must be dependable with an excellent attendance record in order to maintain strict production schedules. Must be a problem solver and have a sense of urgency.
1. Assist in planning and performing daily mechanical and electrical maintenance.
2. Assist in analyzing and troubleshooting machinery problems.
3. Assist in maintaining KBC’s preventative mechanical and electrical maintenance programs.
4. Assist in issuing and completing preventative maintenance work orders.
5. Assist in planning and coordinating machinery down time with limited production schedule disruption.
6. Assist in coordinating and planning electrical upgrades on the building and on plant equipment as required.
7. Keep a safe and clean work area, machinery, tools, equipment, and the shop in general.
8. Performs other shop related duties as required.
9. Attends regular safety training meetings.
10. Abides by all KBC policies, with emphasis on attendance and safety.
11. Strive to meet or exceed customer expectations and strives for continuous improvement in the daily processes of conducting business.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally. Anything over 50 pounds requires two people or the use of a lifting device. Must be capable of hearing or have an awareness of forklifts and cranes moving throughout the facility. May be required to operate forklifts and cranes. Must be able to climb and work from ladders and/or lifting apparatus. May be required to work in confined spaces, crawling in, on, and under equipment. Must be able to move around the shop floor with exposure to a typical shop environment; i.e. extreme heat, cold, dust, noise, fumes, and other elements. Must also be able to work in typical office conditions and negotiate office steps. Must wear safety glasses and steel toed shoes, along with other required PPE.
How to Apply
Kadant Black Clawson LLC
1425 Kingsview Drive, Lebanon, OH 45036
Fax – 513/229-8192
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran