Position: Maintenance Tech-Electrical
Organization Name: Reading Rock
About Our Organization: Since 1947 Reading Rock has been a family-owned manufacturer and distributor of building materials to the Residential and Commercial markets. Joining the Reading Rock team means working and winning through our core values of ROCKS (R*esponsibility, Openness& Honesty, Continuous Improvement and Communication, Know the Customer, external & internal, S*afety is a Lifestyle, not a slogan!). Our mission is “We strengthen American communities through exceptional building materials and services -- engineered with pride from our families to yours…the right products, on time, every time!” Our purpose is to support the International Rett Syndrome Foundation and allows the team to help those who can’t help themselves. We continue to grow our business organically and through acquisitions while investing in our people, products and processes.
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
Job Location: 4600 Devitt Dr Cincinnati, OH-45246
Hours: 6am to 3pm & flexible due to issues or repairs in the plant that are needing resolved. This individual needs to be ok from time to time moving to an off shift to complete necessary repairs that cannot be completed during normal business hours.
· Health Insurance
Job Purpose: This individual will work under minimal supervision to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance (preventative and predictive), inspections, repairs, and troubleshooting of the plant machinery and facilities. Work to be conducted on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems along with pneumatics, hydraulics, and electronics as well as switchgear, motors, and other electrical equipment. All work to be done with an emphasis on safety as well as the environment
1. Assures the safe execution of all maintenance activities and helps ensure the safety of each associate by taking an active role in the safety programs the company has in place.
2. Maintain the general plant equipment and machinery, making sure it is clean, in proper working order and performing preventative maintenance on schedule. Conduct facility maintenance and repairs as needed.
3. Responsible for assigned special projects in the facility, including fabrication of items to help the operation.
4. Assist the department foreman and the machine operators during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities, equipment breakdowns, and trouble shooting. This includes, but is not limited to, directing activities, physically assisting with work, sharing knowledge, and performing activity follow-up.
5. Coordinate with the department managers any maintenance activities that may require special assistance (e.g., parts procurement, arranging for outside contractors, equipment rental, etc.).
6. Assist department managers in maintaining parts and supplies stores. This would include researching, ordering and obtaining needed parts and supplies.
7. Develop new ideas aimed at improving safety, production, quality, and lowering costs.
8. Assist the department manager or immediate supervisor in any specific duties he/she assigns. Provide quality service to both internal and external customers at all times.
9. Work with department managers and production executives, offering advice and suggestions during the planning and implementation of capital and special projects at both the corporate facility and satellite facilities. This could include some or all aspects of project management.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Reading Rock is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
High school diploma required. College degree / licensed electrician preferred
Understands electrical systems, mechanical systems, fluid power (hydraulic and pneumatic) systems, industrial electronics, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and control systems.
Minimum 3 - 5 years of industrial maintenance and project management experience required. Journeyman level electrician preferred. Experience with AC/DC drives and motors, digital and analog electronics, control circuits, computers/PLC and test instruments, power supplies, power distribution, 480V systems, and NFPA70E needed.
Ability to understand technical terminology common to various trades along with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings, schematics, diagrams, prints, publications and locally generated instructions
Basic ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language.
Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems. Basic interaction knowledge with computer systems including average proficiency, or better, with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
The employee is regularly Stand; Walk; Climb or balance; Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; the employee is regularly Sit; Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Talk or hear
Manufacturing Environment, not temperature controlled
Must be able to lift 50lbs unassisted
How to Apply