At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Welcome to West Chester, Ohio, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. Onsite amenities include a Health and Wellness clinic, as well as a Cafeteria Grille serving breakfast and lunch items for employees and guests. We also have a Great Place to Work Counsel, involving committees of employees who coordinate several activities related to Community Outreach, Sustainability, Health and Wellness and Social Events.
The Mechanic, Refrigeration provides expertise in a skilled trade to support the maintenance of site facilities.
What you’ll do:
- Perform advance troubleshooting in refrigeration systems including root cause analysis.
- Knowledge in refrigeration de-super heating circuits.
- Knowledge of refrigerant retrofitting.
- Perform preventative (scheduled) and corrective/emergency (unscheduled) maintenance of equipment, systems, and/or facilities without supervision.
- Ensure proper documentation practices during maintenance processes.
- Maintain equipment and systems along with their certification records.
- Monitor and analyze process equipment performance.
- Analyze trends in data in order to provide accurate descriptions, identify root causes, and/or identify solutions or improvements.
- Interact with other departments to implement corrective/preventative actions.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to meet strategic goals.
- Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment.
- Read technical publications and manuals and write associated procedures.
- Assist with executing validation protocols for processes, equipment, packaging, and/or cleaning.
- Provide "off shift" support (for example: night shift support if you normally work day shift).
- Provide input on the engineering of replacement parts.
- Wear harnesses to climb into tanks.
- Understanding Mechanical Principles.
Essential for the role:
- High school diploma or GED required and certification in a skilled trade (electrical, boiler operations, etc.).
- 1-3 years in HVAC / refrigeration experience.
- EPA section 608 universal certification
- May require state certification or licensure for certain roles.
- Desirable for the role:
- Associate degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience with building fire systems, plumbing, lighting, HVAC equipment (boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, humidifiers, and air dryers), low voltage electrical systems, emergency diesel generators.
- Prior experience with CMMS.
- Experience in a regulated or cGMP environment.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
High school diploma or GED required and certification in a skilled trade (electrical, boiler operations, etc.).
1-3 years in HVAC / refrigeration experience.
EPA section 608 universal certification
May require state certification or licensure for certain roles.
Desirable for the role:
Associate degree in a technical discipline.
Experience with building fire systems, plumbing, lighting, HVAC equipment (boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, humidifiers, and air dryers), low voltage electrical systems, emergency diesel generators.
Prior experience with CMMS.
Experience in a regulated or cGMP environment.