Now Enrolling for our March 15, 2021 Evening Program!
to show interest in the program and sign up for a FREE information session where you will learn more about these easy Industry Program Enrollment Steps and receive a tour of the campus. We look forward to meeting you soon and helping you reach your career goals!
- Use the WorkKeys Practice Tests
- Schedule your WorkKeys Assessment
- Email or bring in your high school or GED diploma and/or transcripts to Pam Creager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out a FAFSA form using your 2018 tax information. Our school code is 015492.
- Email our Financial Aid Coordinator Denny Ewen email@example.com to complete your financial paperwork.
- If you need financial help to pay for training you may qualify for OhioMeansJobs’ WIOA grant funds. If you live in Butler County you can email Sonya Bridge Sonya.Bridge@jfs.ohio.gov to receive further information.
- Secure Your Seat: Once you pass your WorkKeys Assessments, you will be given a green enrollment form. This completed form with a $200 deposit toward your tuition secures your seat.
The need for qualified individuals who know commercial and residential heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems continues to grow. This full-time program provides a combination of lecture and hands-on training. This allows you to get practical experience while you learn. The curriculum includes training specific to the electrical, mechanical and chemical systems that are an integral part of HVAC/R products. Training also comprises complete systems repair, installation, schematic reading, electrical theory, refrigerant handling, systems diagnostics and wiring and controls.
Butler Tech is the only career and technical education school in the region to include refrigeration training for both homes and businesses. You will receive training needed to perform technical service on both residential and commercial refrigeration units, ice machines and reach-in and walk-in coolers, which are used by many different types of industries.
Full Time | 648 Hours | Mon-Thurs | Day 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (8 months)| Evening 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (11 months)
Upcoming programs: September 1, 2020 – March 30, 2021 (Day class) (Class now full)
March 15, 2021 – February 16, 2022 (Evening class) (includes break in July)
Tuition $7,100 | Books/Supplies $4,147.18
Total $11, 247.18
Financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
Industry Recognized Credentials
Students will train and test for:
- EPA 608
- OSHA 30
- Industry Competency Exam (ICE)
- Schematic Reading
- Electrical Theory
- Wiring and controls
- Refrigerant handling
- Systems diagnostics
- Complete systems repair
Where Can I Work?
HVAC/R technicians work in a variety of settings including homes, schools, hospitals, office buildings, and factories.
2018 median pay Bureau of Labor Statistics $47,610 annually | $22.89 per hour