Butler Tech Concealed Carry Classes prepare you with the required training to apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon (CCW) in the State of Ohio. Training is conducted at the Butler Tech Public Safety Education Complex in Liberty Township. It includes six hours of classroom instruction and a minimum of two-hours of range time and live-fire training at our on-site firing range.
Butler Tech and its firearms instructors are certified by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission (OPOTC) to offer Concealed Carry training to the general public.
- The ability to name, explain and demonstrate the rules for safe handling of a handgun and proper storage practices for handguns and ammunition
- The ability to demonstrate and explain how to handle ammunition in a safe manner
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to shoot a handgun in a safe manner
- Gun handing training
Students must furnish:
- Unloaded handgun chambered for 9mm, .38, .357, .380, .40 or .45 caliber*
- Appropriate holster for your handgun model and caliber
- 100 rounds of ammunition
* A limited number of handguns are available to rent at a price of $35.
8 hours | Saturday | 8 am – 5 pm
- Butler County Sheriff’s Office Concealed Handgun Licenses
- Ohio Attorney General Concealed Carry information