Two Butler Tech seniors, both from Fairfield, will compete at the SkillsUSA National Leadership Conference in Louisville, Ky., in June. Josh Flohr placed first in Telecommunications Cabling at the SkillsUSA Ohio Championships. Jansen Little placed first in Welding Sculpture.
Seven other Butler Tech students placed at the state-level competition in Columbus this year:
- Michael Childers, a senior from Madison, placed 2nd in Welding
- Steven Huddleston, a senior from Colerain, placed 2nd in Diesel Equipment Technology
- Nicole Molfetta, a senior from Lakota East, placed 2nd in CNC Turning
- Jacob Carter, a senior from Colerain, placed 3rd in Technical Computer Applications
- Alexis Barker (Talawanda), Brianne Reece (Middletown) and Madison Sommer (Middletown), all seniors in the cosmetology program, placed 3rd in the American Spirit competition.
Please join us in rooting for Josh and Jansen as they head to nationals. They will be among an expected 16,000 people – including students, teachers and business partners – participating in the weeklong competition and conference.