No matter how sophisticated technology becomes, welding will likely always play a vital role in building and repairing bridges, skyscrapers, ships, cars, spacecraft, medical equipment, and thousands of other manufactured products. This program gives you a solid foundation in theory and practice for a career in a booming industry.
Industry Recognized Credentials
Students will train and test for National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) certifications in:
- AWS D1.1 Structural Certifications (3-G and 4-G)
- NCCER Core Curriculum
- NCCER Welding Levels 1 and 2
- OSHA 10
Where Can I Work?
Welders can work in a variety of environments both inside buildings and outside.
- Flux core arc welding (FCAW)
- Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW)
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Oxyfuel cutting (OFC)
- Plasma arc cutting (PAC)
- Air carbon arc cutting (ACAC)
- Shop safety
Books / Supplies
$42,490 per year; $20.43 per hour
Next Upcoming Program
Industrial Welding Evening: 09-07-2021 - 06-28-2022
Industrial Welding Day: 03-07-2022 - 10-04-2022