Now Enrolling for our September 16, 2021 Paramedic Academy!
to show interest in the program and sign up for a FREE information session where you will learn more about these Paramedic Academy Enrollment Steps and receive a tour of the campus. We look forward to meeting you soon and helping you reach your career goals!
- You must have your EMT license and passed an approved Anatomy & Physiology course to enroll.
- Use the WorkKeys Practice Tests
- Schedule your WorkKeys Assessment
- Email or bring in your high school or GED diploma and/or transcripts to Public Safety Secretary Lisa Carter, email@example.com
- Fill out a FAFSA form using your 2018 tax information. Our school code is 015492.
- Email our Financial Aid Coordinator Denny Ewen firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your financial paperwork.
- Visit our LeSourdsville campus to complete your background check. Cost is $50.
- Secure Your Seat: Once you pass your WorkKeys Assessments, you will be given a green enrollment form. This completed form with a $200 deposit toward your tuition, secures your seat.
As the highest level of pre-hospital care, paramedics play an essential role as part of the professional healthcare team. Using the current national standards, this program allows you to develop the knowledge and expertise to make a difference in patients’ lives and move your career to new heights.
Butler Tech prepares students with a challenging program that combines classroom and laboratory instruction with a solid hospital and field externship.
Time outside the classroom will be spent in various settings like:
- Hospital emergency rooms
- Fire departments
- Labor and delivery
- Have a current Ohio EMT certification
- Complete an approved Human Anatomy and Physiology course with a grade C or better or at least a 76 on the Ed2Go online version for both A&P I and A&P II.
- Paramedic Academy – Technical Standards
Full Time | 1,000 Hours
8:00am – 5:00pm (days determined by Unit schedule)
The course is divided into 500 hours of classroom theory and 500 hours of clinical experience.
Program offered at Southern Hills Career & Technical Center-Post Secondary Campus-Wednesday, February 3, 2021 (Unit 1 Schedule)
Tuition $8,180 | Books/Supplies $975
Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
Industry Recognized Credentials
Our students are prepared to test for:
Butler Tech’s Paramedic Academy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
(727) 210-2350 www.caahep.org
To contact CoAEMSP:
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312 Rowlett, TX 75088
- Anatomy and physiology
- Medical terminology
- Cardiac rhythm interpretation
- Drug therapy
- Airway management
- Patient assessment
- Medical trauma emergencies
- Advanced care
Where Can I Work?
- Fire department
- Private ambulance services
- Hospital emergency rooms
- Blood banks
2018 Median Pay (Bureau of Labor Statistics) : $34,320 per year | $16.50 per hour