The Butler Tech Career Lab is an interactive experience that combines tours, video learning and hands-on activities designed to spark student interest in various career pathways. The Career Lab is located at our Fairfield Township campus.
Here’s how the Career Lab works:
Before their visit, students will complete a brief career assessment. When they arrive, they will learn about two program or occupational areas that best match the interests identified in the assessment, including:
- skills, abilities, and knowledge required
- career options by varying degree level
- average salary
- job outlook
- education required
- Ohio Department of Education Career Pathway
- Ohio Department of Education suggested secondary and post-secondary pathway.
The Butler Tech Career Lab take the place of the 8th grade tours. Unlike the tours, which were limited to a single week, the Career Lab will be open throughout the school year making it easier to access. It also will help your school district meet the HB 487 Career Advising requirement.
Joellen Turvey, Career Specialist: 513-645-8262 or email
- The Career Lab opens at 9:15 am, Monday – Friday.
- The maximum number of students is 80.
- The minimum number of students is 50.
- A typical session lasts four hours.
- Students and chaperones will need to bring a packed lunch.
To schedule a visit, first check our availability calendar. Then, complete the form below with your preferred visit dates. A staff member will review your request and contact you to finalize your visit.
Interested in bringing your students to the Butler Tech Career Lab? Complete the form to request a visit.