- How will I get to Butler Tech?Busing is available from your home school to your Butler Tech program. You may also drive your own vehicle. Parking permits are available for purchase.
- How much does it cost to attend Butler Tech?
There is a small student activity fee for each program. Some labs also have tool and uniform costs, which vary by program.
- Will I still have to take academic classes?Yes. All students will need to meet graduation requirements for the state of Ohio. Butler Tech offers similar academic classes as a traditional high school. Students will take English, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Can I play sports at my home school?Yes. We encourage students to be involved in their home school AND Butler Tech activities. We have many students who participate in football, cheerleading, drama club, basketball, etc.
- Will I have opportunities to join organizations/clubs?Yes. All students will be involved in career technical student organizations such as The National FFA Organization, Skills USA, DECA, Business Professionals of America, and FCCLA. These organizations offer opportunities for leadership, community service, competitions, and social events.
- Will I graduate from Butler Tech?You will remain a student and graduate from your home high school. In addition to your high school diploma, you will also receive a career-technical certificate from Butler Tech. Students may attend both their home school graduation and their Butler Tech senior ceremony.
- If I go to Butler Tech, can I still go on to college?Yes. Students are encouraged to continue their education at a 2 or 4 year school after completing a Butler Tech program. Many students use their projects and experiences from Butler Tech to build their resume and portfolio for college admission.
- How do I get more information?You can ask your school counselor or contact the campus you are interested in for additional information.