The Butler Tech Natural Science Center is located on a former 72-acre fruit farm on Route 63 in Monroe. The farm-like setting, coupled with top-notch facilities, provides you the opportunity to work in a real-world setting with one of our horses in the Equine Science program, with one of 30 different animals in our Veterinary Science program, or with industrial equipment and natural resources in our Landscape Science program. In all of our programs, you will spend the majority of your time in an outdoor setting.
Stop by and visit the Natural Science Center campus to see what’s in store for you. We know you’ll experience the uniqueness many of our students believe made a difference in their futures.
Because of our low student-to- teacher ratio and knowledgeable staff, our students feel welcomed into a tight-knit culture in which the focus is individualized student achievement. We blend academics and career-technical programming into project-based learning with the goal of preparing students for the next step after high school.
In addition to their field of study, students have access to general academic offerings including courses in English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
All students also have the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. Because of the hands-on experience, many of our students earn co-op and apprenticeship opportunities while still in high school.
There is no cost for high school juniors and seniors to attend Butler Tech Natural Science Center. Materials and supplies will be provided unless otherwise noted. All students become members of National FFA Organization (FFA) at a small annual fee.
Busing to the Natural Science Center is provided by our associate school districts. Students may also drive their own vehicle with the purchase of a parking permit.
- Your high school diploma will be from your home high school. You are able to participate in your graduation and can participate in sports and social events such as homecoming, prom, and pep assemblies.
- All students become members of National FFA Organization (FFA) at a small annual fee.
- All materials and supplies are provided for our programs at no cost.
- Three out of four of our students go directly into two- or four-year colleges upon graduation.
- A full-time college counselor will work with you to create a career plan.