Butler Tech Summer School is a great opportunity for students to spend more time during the regular school year focusing on their academic and career-technical courses. Students who are conditionally accepted to Butler Tech may need to attend summer school in order to be eligible to attend classes in the fall.
Summer school courses are open to students who currently attend a Butler Tech campus and students who have been accepted to one of our campuses for the upcoming school year. Courses are not open to students who only attend Butler Tech programs in our associate schools.
Butler Tech’s VIRTUAL Summer School will run from 8:00 am-1:00 pm, daily beginning Wednesday, June 17th to Friday, July 10th, 2020.
Credit Recovery Courses
- Health, Physical Education (½ credit & ¼ credit)
- English 9 – 12, Speech
- Algebra I & II, Geometry, Integrated Math I & II
- US History, World History, Government, Economics
- Biology, Chemistry, Physical Science, Environmental Science, Anatomy & Physiology
- Spanish, French, German
Initial Credit Courses
- Health, Physical Education (1/2 credit & 1/4 credit)*
- Spanish, French, German
* Students who need Health or Physical Education are strongly encouraged to take these courses during summer school as they may not be offered during the regular school year.
- Computer Use
Online courses use the Edgenuity learning system. Students can complete courses at their own pace and test out of the material they have already mastered. Edgenuity classes are not NCAA approved.
Students can use their own computers to complete the courses at home if they have Internet access. Students that have a Butler Tech issued laptop can connect to the Internet at the Fairfield Township Campus Wifi Zone (see information below). Students who do not have a computer or Internet access are asked to contact Pamela Kariofiles at kariofilesp@Butlertech.org. All courses must be completed by Friday, July 10.
WIFI Available on Fairfield Township Campus
Parking Lot C at the Fairfield Township Campus is now filled with rich and savory WiFi! All 62,000+ square feet of this student parking area, sometimes referred to as the “Flagpole Lot” in front of the D. Russel Lee building (highlighted in yellow below) can support up to 100 Butler Tech issued laptops and Chromebooks.
- All Butler Tech Campus laptops and Chromebooks (Faculty, Staff, and Student), as well as laptops issued to Butler Tech Faculty at Fairfield, Hamilton, Lakota, NWLSD, Ross, and Talawanda, can connect to this network. Users will be able to download and submit assignments, browse the web, and install approved software, all from the comfort of their automobile.
- In order to serve as many of our students as possible, there is NO Guest Network available in this WiFi Zone.
- End-of-Course Assessments
Students can retake the end-of-course assessments during the state testing window of Monday, July 13 – Friday, July 24. It is strongly suggested that students complete the corresponding Edgenuity course before retaking the assessment.
- Teacher Support
A teacher is available, via ZOOM, email, and Edgenuity, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 1:00 pm to assist students.
To register, reach out to your Butler Tech school counselor to receive a passcode for the summer school link below.
$50 per ½ credit course $25 for ¼ credit of physical education
Once a student completes the Summer School registration, an invoice for the cost of the registered courses will be emailed to the parent email provided on the registration form. The invoice email will be from “email@example.com. The invoice will contain the amount due and directions on how to make a payment. Once payment is received, the student/parent will receive their Edgenuity course log in information from firstname.lastname@example.org
This year, Summer School is VIRTUAL! Students can work from anywhere they have a computer and Internet access.
- Contact Us
Pam Kariofiles, Summer School Coordinator