The Events and Programming Assistant position is a Part-Time Permanent position with an average of 25-30 hours per week year round.
Additional benefits this position enjoys will be paid on-site training; opportunities for leadership advancement and merit-increases for those who excel; contributions to the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, Sand Trap Grill Restaurant, and Blue Ash Cafe. EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Coordinate and evaluate youth and adult programming at the Blue Ash Recreation Center.
- Manage volunteer applications and coordinate volunteer schedules.
- Serve as the City liaison for the Blue Ash Historical Society.
- Assist with check in and checkout of rentals at Summit Park.
- Assist with additional events and programs throughout the season including nights/weekends.
• Ability to add to a cohesive and supportive team environment around like-minded, positive and enthusiastic team members.
• High organization skills.
• Ability to thoroughly complete tasks in a timely manner with high attention to detail.
• Ability to work outdoors under different weather conditions for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand /and or walk up to 6+ hours during a shift.
• Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background check.
• Must be able to lift/exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
• Candidates must be able to accommodate a fluctuating schedule and capable of working evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.