We are looking for those who enjoy fitness and helping others. The FITNESS AIDE provides a safe and enjoyable fitness opportunity for all patrons. This position is responsible for all the day-to-day duties involved with the operations of the fitness center and works as a team with all staff members.
This position is permanent part-time and will enjoy contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, Sandtrap Grill and Blue Ash Café.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Fitness Aides will assist supervisory and professional staff members with the day-to-day operations of the fitness center.
- Responsible for all duties involved with daily operations, activities, and equipment.
- Cleans and maintain the fitness area and equipment.
- Performs basic daily tasks such as racking weights, sweeping, etc.
- Greets patrons in a professional manner and provide supervision and instruction on the use of fitness equipment including free weights, plate loaded machines, Life Fitness, Synergy and Cardio machines
• Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certifications.
• Positive customer service skills; frequently converses and interacts with patrons.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift heavy weights.
• Must be punctual and must be able to attend all in-service training.
• Must be able to work a varied shift that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Work environment is primarily indoors.
How to Apply
The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.