The Project Manager’s role is to manage the complete life cycle of projects; from initial customer contact, quoting, design, order processing, engineering, scheduling, production, shipping and installation. This position works very closely with not only external, but internal customers on an ongoing basis which makes it critical for this position to work collaboratively with everyone.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages project status and information in the form of accurately entering orders with product numbers, pricing, and descriptions into company order entry system(s).
- Develop, maintain, and manage detailed project plans, action items, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects.
- Identify potential hurdles that may jeopardize the critical path of a project and proactively act to avoid these.
- Plan, schedule and execute tasks and workload with Team.
- Coordinate schedule with Project Management team to identify priority of tasks.
- Coordinate efforts with Design, Purchasing, Engineering, Scheduling, Production, Shipping and Accounting departments.
- Act as single point of contact for project status and facilitate project meetings and conference calls.
- Manage several projects simultaneously all at different stages from initial quote to installation.
- Responsible for increasing revenue opportunities by providing company product knowledge, product options and customer support to outside dealer salespeople.
- Professionally represent HCS with the dealer network and our established business partners on these assigned projects.
- Travel to dealer locations as needed.
- Build customer relationships through successful completion of projects.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned by manager.
- Does all the above in a manner that meets company safety requirements.
Associates degree or 5 years work experience in related field.
Extensive furniture, cabinetry, casework or similar industry knowledge and experience using an ERP system.
Ability to understand floor plans and elevation drawings.
Good reading, math, and analytical skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient with Microsoft office applications, internet explorer, and Outlook.
Intermediate knowledge of manufacturing software.
Ability to plan, organize and monitor work with minimal supervision