College Credit Plus

Want to finish high school with college credit? There are many ways to make this happen at Butler Tech. You can take these courses tuition-free, and you can earn up to a semester or a full year of college credit while you are still in high school! With tuition at Ohio public colleges running between $6,000 and $13,000 a year, that could be a big savings!

College Credit Plus

Ohio’s College Credit Plus (CCP) can help you earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses while you are a student at Butler Tech. Taking a college course from a public college or university is free with the College Credit Plus program.

Butler Tech has partnered with Cincinnati State and Sinclair Community College for this program. However, you can also take courses at other Ohio colleges and universities that participate in the College Credit Plus program.

Cincinnati State – CCP
Sinclair Community College – CCP
Hocking College – CCP

For more information, click here.

CTAG (Career-Technical Assurance Guide)

Courses that are CTAG certified for dual credit can be transferred to any public college or university in the state of Ohio. If you take these credits to any public institution in Ohio, you will receive credit within that major for that course.

For more information, click here or talk to your school counselor or instructor.

Dual Credit

Butler Tech offers career technical courses that earn credit toward high school graduation and college credit at the same time. However, these courses are specific to one college or university. You may not be able to transfer them to another school. For example, we offer a dual credit calculus course with Cincinnati State. For more information about these, talk to your school counselor or the instructor.

Articulated Credit

Articulated credit comes through an agreement with an area college or colleges. If you successfully complete the coursework on our campus, when you enroll in that college, the college will grant credit for that course. Some programs may have many articulation agreements. This means that if you have articulated credit from that program, you could receive credit from any one of the colleges with whom we have agreements. For more information, talk with your instructor or school counselor.

AP (Advanced Placement) Courses

Another way to earn college credit is through successful completion of an AP course at Butler Tech. If you score a 3, 4 or 5 on an AP exam, the college you attend is likely to give you credit for that AP course. For more information, talk with your instructor or school counselor.